Friday, February 18, 2011

Grandparent rights

My father in law Gene is one of the sweetest people in the world.  I have always made the joke that I won the inlaw lottery because both my father in law, and my mother in law Charlene are the best inlaws a woman could have.  Not only are they amazing grandparents to our children, they also have always given me the respect of allowing me to make the decisions concerning the children.  They have never been ones to override what choices we make concerning our children.  The end result is a very tight knit family that has been subjected to accusations and heartbreaking seperations from the children.
For some reason, because of the accusations against Keith, Gene has been treated as if he is a threat to the children as well.  Gene has spent nearly every day of Matthew's life with him.  He collects the comics every day for Kevin, including during this time that our babies have been taken away.  Raine is shy but she loves her some Grandpa.  The pain I see in my father in laws eyes makes my heart physically hurt.  That man would never hurt a child for any reason yet he has been given the run around concerning seeing his own grandchildren.  Every day I pray that this isn't going to cause serious health problems for him and my mother in law.  I fear all of this being too much for  man his age and it getting the best of him.  It would shatter our family even more if anything were to happen to him because of all the stress and agony he has had to suffer at the hands of our government officials.

No comments:

Post a Comment